First Steps After a Loss
When you need to file a claim, we are here. Our claims department is open 24/7 to help you through this trying time.
After a loss:
- Make sure your family is safe. If your home is unlivable, keep all of your receipts from temporary lodging and other expenses.
- Contact us as soon as possible at 1-866-277-9871. You can also file a claim online. We have adjusters ready to help guide you through the claims process.
- If possible, make temporary repairs, such as tarping a damaged roof to prevent further damage.
- Take photographs of the damage.
- Locate your home inventory list. If you do not have one, create a list of damaged items and include as much information as possible (model numbers, manufacturer’s name, receipts, and photographs).
- Get an estimate from a contractor of your choice. We recommend using Nexxus Solutions Group, a network of preferred contractors that have completed a comprehensive credentialing process. American Integrity policyholders receive a discount on their repair bill.
- When it comes to personal property, there is Actual Cost Value and Replacement Cost. If your items are insured at Actual Cost Value, reimbursement includes depreciation. Every policy is different.
- If there has been a theft, notify the police immediately and ask for a copy of the police report.
Your adjuster is your guide through the claims process. Ask questions. We are here to help.